CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Card /Matching Frame


Added Touches

I've been stamping long enough now, that I see the natural progression of things. When I first started out, my cards were simple. One or two layers, simple stamping, no embellishments! Sometimes I like to go back to the more simple time...but tweak it some. Take a simple stamp set. In this case "I {Heart} Hearts" from the Occasions Mini Catalog and Whimsical Words from the Sale-a-Bration Catalog.

Even with the ribbon (white, colored with Certainly Celery Marker) and soft subtle button, it seemed to lack something.  So...I add some Morse Code as I call it. Dashes and dots! They just seem to add a little dimension. With some squiggles...Voila', you now have a card that is "eye catching" but not over-the-top.


3 comments:

  1. Great card Pixie, VERY eye catching! Love your new blog! :o) {{HUGS}} Kyra¥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I love how you used the hearts as corners and also the color combo! Thanks for sharing your inspiration & talent with us.
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete