CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Dad's 80th Birthday!



If you see your parents on a regular basis you don't noticed them
aging. So when my dad was approaching 80 years old, I thought...WOW, where did the time go?
Course then you stop to think about your own age. He keeps telling me that it's hard to think of me as a...GRANDMOTHER, or "Manga" as the grandsons call me.

Over MEMORIAL WEEKEND, we had a small family gathering for my dad.
Wonderful weather, great food, fun watching the lil ones!
Just a great combination for a great MILESTONE!


My dad used to work for the GREAT NORTHERN RAILROAD...the mascot was "Rocky"  the Great Northern Goat!   All these years he has tried to be so "gruff"....

               THE OL' GOAT! 

He would refer to himself as the Ol' Goat!
More of a family joke than truth! But this year, when ordering the cake I couldn't resist. Here is the finished cake...from Dairy Queen. Well I walked in, gave him a BIG (((hug))) and kiss and wished him "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!"   He started singing...."Happy Birthday to the Old Goat"

       THEN I SHOWED HIM THE CAKE !!!
                                               We both had a good laugh....<(*\/*)>
                                                                                                      

We dont stop playing cuz we get older....
We get older when we stop "playing"!    

Age is a "Matter of Mind".....if you don't MIND, then it doesn't MATTER!!!

Come back soon, I'll show you the card I made for him. I LOVE how it turned out!


Thanks for visiting and Happy Stamping!~ Pixie

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.....Happy Birthday to your Dad! The cake is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete